In conversations with leading health experts, top hospital administrators, and world-renowned doctors and scientists, they’ve all told me one thing:
“We’re helpless. Consumers alone have the power to transform our health care system into one that truly serves health.”
The bottom line is: You have the right – and the responsibility to choose your health care. Through the Health Journalist ezine and blog, my goal is to empower, inform, and connect you with the community of consumers and healers who choose Proactive Health.
- Clarifies options to give you, the health consumer, the know-how and authority to make health decisions
- Includes full spectrum health options, rather than excluding traditional and innovative approaches
- Goes beyond symptom management to address causative factors
- Protects the right to consumer health choice
- Builds connection to a community of consumers and health experts
Proactive health options can tip the balance towards health and away from disease. Join me and leading health experts in our upcoming blog and forum to change the conversation about health care to a proactive and empowered one.
Understanding the Health Process
Both health and disease are connected in a dynamic process of inter-relationship on-going all the time.
We become aware of this process and seek out healing when the body signals a health imbalance and manifests symptoms.
There are four styles of relationship with your health process:
- Proactive: Actively enacts full spectrum health choices that build and maintain health process before symptoms manifest
- Responsive: Gets health wake up call and seeks out options to reverse the disease process and regain health process
- Suppressive: Chooses health options that control symptoms without addressing causative factors and permit (or increase) development of disease process
- Reactive: Develops advanced disease processes with reduced options for disease management
Without choice and information, people are driven into the Reactive style of health care. When you wake up and become Proactive, you access (and assure) a full spectrum of health care options.
Proactive Health Principles:
- Consumer rights and authority to make health care choices
- Addressing multiple factors that contribute to disease process
- Accessing multiple synergistic approaches that contribute to health process
- Health programs tailored to the individual
- Health and disease process are linked to environment (physical, social, societal, and global)
- Health options are made available through responsive consumer-oriented socio-economic structures and public policy
Proactive Health means joining together to assure societal systems that serve health first.
|Your health is too important to leave to chance.It’s vital to make informed choices and guarantee your rights to the best health options for you!
| Tune into Deepak Chopra, in conversation with Alison Rose Levy. Click Here
Insight on Integrative Health, Collective Psychology, and Noetic Sciences
To find health and balance as individuals, we need health attitudes, social ,and cultural norms, societal priorities, and healthy food and a healthy environment. The time has come to put health first! As Blog Moderator for Donna Karan’s Urban Zen Foundation and Media Initiative Director for Friends of Health, I connect and communicate the wisdom we need now more than ever before.
Conversations with Andrew Weil, Deepak Chopra, Larry Dossey, Rupert Shedrake, Lynne McTaggert, and others...
Tune into internet radio for the one hour program, Whole Person Healing, co-hosted by Rustum Roy and Alison Rose Levy on VoiceAmerica every Saturday by clicking here. To get regular program announcements and updates sign up here.
Sign up for alerts of Alison’s blogs on the Huffington Post and read them on Psychology Today.
Follow Alison on Twitter and Facebook
Take Action: Join Citizens for Health's action campaign to assure rights to integrative health options, healthy foods, and real health reform by going to www.citizens.org.
|Alison Rose Levy is a much-published writer with 20+ years experience creating communications for major media, focusing on integrative health, lifestyle, yoga, psychology, and spiritual transformation in such publications as... More